[lug] wild activity, don't know why.

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Thu Aug 9 10:59:30 MDT 2001

more info:
I downloaded iptraf and it looks like there is nothing but ARP going across
the pipe. I can't tell the to or from addresses though. Is there a way to
see if I am the one generating all the arp traffic?

Perhaps I've been hacked and I'm being used to DOS the local pipe by ARPing
it to death.
Or maybe someone else has fallen victim to this fate.

This doesn't appear to be CodeRed to me.
I did get 375 hits from it yesterday and already 45 today, but that doesn't
account for a constantly steady activity light.

That's too bad about losing our ability to serve http requests. I'll miss
that sorely.