[lug] wild activity, don't know why.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Aug 9 12:27:20 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Ferdinand Schmid
> > It's someone else, more than likely, if you're on a Linux box.
> Unless there are lots of dangerous daemons running.  Check then judge.

True, but shutting down the interface determines if its coming from you or
from the outside coming in.  I did notice that unplugging the PC from the
modem doesn't help in checking this as the data light goes completely off
if it doesn't see a PC connected to it.

> > Ditto, but on the 66.x.x.x block which is Time/Warners.
> <snip>
> Not so fast - unless Time Warner owns Sprint they don't own the entire
> 66.x.x.x network.  My IPs are in this range and my ISP is Sprint
> (Broadband).

Very possible.  I'm not completely sure what Time/Warners range is,
though they seem to think these were all Time/Warner IPs.

AOL/Time probably does own Sprint.  In fact, all companies are all owned by
one giant conglomerate known as "Beatrice".  At least thats what the
commercial implies...

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com