[lug] Code Red...

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Fri Aug 10 10:03:45 MDT 2001

I've recently asked my (dyn)dns provider about adding the port number to the
IP in their database and they give it a big nay! Got to do some forwarding
to get the dns to cooperate with a modified port (of course, this is
something they provide for a fee).

> You can't put an port# as an ip addres, that will
> just corrupt the zone, you will need Web Forwarding
> to forward HTTP request.

for apache, it's as simple as editing the config file.
sendmail is not my strong point.