[lug] Cisco 675 vs 678 question

Prescott Oelke plkey at home.com
Fri Aug 10 13:02:00 MDT 2001

I think DMT is a variant of the G.Lite protocol (don't quote me on that
though). The Cisco 675 was designed back when DSL was just getting off the
ground and ADSL and RADSL were the only flavors available to home users. I
still have my 675 (that I paid around $400 for) from a DSL line I had back
in early 1999. I really loved that router (way better than cable and some
of the crap they put out for DSL now). I don't think that Qwest is invested
in supporting the ADSL variants anymore. And with the other DSL vendors
dropping like flies it looks like the G.Lite junk is here to stay.

Prescott Oelke