[lug] silly emacs

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Sat Aug 11 19:21:15 MDT 2001

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, ljp said:

> Alot of the default actions of emacs don't make sense to me (and
> vi even less). KDevelop has the ability to toggle what they call 'Auto

Try the 'visual mode' of vim.  It works a lot like what you're used to.
Shift-v highlights.  Then press 'c' and type what the replacement text,
then press Esc.  Works for blocks too - ('Ctrl-v').  Also for blocks, you
can insert a column of char's, using 'i' instead of the 'c' as above.
Very slick.

Have you tried gvim in X?  Nice mouse integration, such as dbl-click
highlighting the word.