[lug] silly emacs

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Sun Aug 12 10:14:19 MDT 2001

At 08:08 8/12/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>[snip]

Well, I added (load-library "mouse") to my .emacs, and the lines you
mentioned commented out seem to work.

Thank you. You don't know how long I've hated that. Since 1997 when I
started using linux!! and I've never bothered to pursue fixing it.

And as a plus, if I select something by left clicking on the beginning, and
right clicking on the end, it will 'auto copy' it, as before, so when I
want to, I won't entirely lose that 'auto copy'  feature. But double
clicking, or mouse dragging selection acts like I want it to - no
kill-ring, or whatever emacs calls it. Even better than I expected, best of
both worlds!!

ljp