[lug] Telephone Connection

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Aug 12 10:56:45 MDT 2001

Your telephone line only comes in on 2 wires, a tip and ring.  If your
phone jacs have more than 2 wires, it is because the house was set up to
accomodate more than one phone line.  Some houses will have 2 pairs per jack,
some houses may even have more.  As far as which colors are for which line,
that I am not sure.  You'll just have to play around.  You could go out
the the SNI on the back of your house, and look at what colors you drop comes
in on, maybe they are the same (or maybe they are not, the outside stuff was
done by the phone company, but the inside was done by the builder).  I don't
think it would be too hard to figure out.  Or you could just pay the phone
company $75 dollars to send out a tech -- or not . ;-)

Tim