[lug] Sendmail wackyness!

Steve T. maxl at squeep.com
Sun Aug 12 16:24:48 MDT 2001

I recently replaced my highly broken and annoying Debian system with the
wonders of Slackware 8.0, yet, much to my surprise, the sendmail configuration
that it sets up does something incredibly annoying.  Upon running fetchmail,
as mail arrives on the system, the headers and the first 5 or so lines of
the message are displayed to all terminals that I'm logged in on - which
causes a number of problems with programs where I like to see what I'm
doing.  If anybody has any direct experience fixing this problem, I'd
appreciate help - if not, I can send the messages sendmail has been putting
in my system logs that I suspect will point to the problem.

---

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." - Frank Zappa
"If one studies too zealously, he risks losing his pants." - Einstein