[lug] Xfree86 4.x and Debian?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Aug 13 13:16:05 MDT 2001

I don't know about Debian, but I'd strongly recommend the 4.0.x servers,
they support GeForce cards quite well. 4.1.x has a changed DRM setup,
and is still somewhat experimental in the linux kernel support, whereas
the DRM of 4.0.x is good. FYI, do not actually configure the
XF86Config-4 to use DRM until you have software working right. Once you
have that, it is probably the best OpenGL support you will get in Linux,
without paying for a commercial server (it seems both stable and fast on
4.0.3).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com