[lug] Sendmail wackyness!

Steve T. maxl at squeep.com
Mon Aug 13 14:56:27 MDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 10:55:01PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> What was broken with your Debian system?  Were you running stable or
> testing/unstable?

I was running a half-stable/half-testing distribution for a while, which
worked okay - aside from the fact that when I twiddled with it to add support
for some new software I wanted (KDE 2, X 4.1, etc.) it broke.  Upgrading
to testing didn't help, since it wouldn't even install (apt-get -u
dist-upgrade gave me a horrible mass of errors in the packages).

> www.linuxfromscratch.org if you want the "perfect" linux... ;-)

Slackware's as close as you can get to that without going insane, which is
why I enjoy it so.  Alas, though, one day I'll probably do an LFS.