[lug] Fun with being hacked

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Aug 14 10:22:58 MDT 2001

Just out of curiosity, what is the UID on the GDM account in the password
file. On my RedHat install, its 42. Is it 0 now in yours?

Also, I noticed on my system that the GDM account has a valid shell. I
looked at the RedHat RPM and it looks like when the GDM entry is created, it
doesn't specify a shell. This is probably a defect. It should have
/bin/false like the other system accounts.