[lug] Fun with being hacked

Keith.Herold herold at cslr.Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 14 12:14:03 MDT 2001

My general sense has been that you probably want to reformat.  The problem
is that you can't always tell if other hacked stuff has been installed.
RH's upgrade/reinstall process only installs packages that are newer than
the ones which exist on the machine; if one of the packages already
installed is bad, 7.1 won't do anything about it.  And of course, that
probably means that the machine is not secure.

--Keith