[lug] Tomcat ready for prime time?

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Thu Aug 16 07:25:36 MDT 2001

We use tomcat 4.0b3 on redhat 6.2 with java 1.3.1 to do a variety of
things.

If you are deploying on redhat 7.1 then you may need to export the
environment variable

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

as the jvm assumes some things about the kernel that are no longer true
with the 2.4 kernel.

You will also need to sym link /usr/bin/cut to /bin/cut.  Sun hard coded
the path to cut and redhat moved it to /bin from /usr/bin

Otherwise it has worked well.  Just be sure to turn on the logging as you
are migrating.

Hugh

""Mark \(Andy\) Jolley""