[lug] Emacs problem

Steve T. maxl at squeep.com
Thu Aug 16 16:20:43 MDT 2001

I've been having a bit of a problem with Xemacs lately.  It revolves, oddly
enough, around one of the default keybindings, which simply refuses to work -
the keybinding in question is meta->, which should run end-of-buffer, yet
it steadfastily refuses to.  In an attempt to remedy that, I added the
following to my .emacs:

(define-key global-map '(meta >) 'end-of-buffer)

Yet alas, that did not help either (although Xemacs interprets it just fine).
Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

---

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." - Frank Zappa
"If one studies too zealously, he risks losing his pants." - Einstein