[lug] Smurfing

Gus Huber gus at pbx.org
Thu Aug 16 17:08:43 MDT 2001

Well... I am assuming since this is a 25XX series router that several
condiitions exist.
1) there is a serial interface (IE Frame Relay) that connects you to the
internet.

2) you are only using one ethernet interface and it is not a fast
ethernet
Interface.

With these two things in mind you would type the following

First you would login to your router via the command line interface
(telnet to it or connect to the console)

Enable yourself (ie enable)

Enter configuration mode (configure terminal)

Enter interface configuration mode for your inside (read: ethernet)
interface. (interface ethernet0)

Type the command no ip directed-broadcast

Exit configuration mode (end)

Save the config (write)

Since I don't have any 2500's anymore I can't provide an example.. But
if you goto www.cisco.com and look at the docs I'm sure you can find
something.

Here is an example on a C7206

router>enable
Password:
router#configure terminal
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
router(config)#interface FastEthernet2/0
router(config-if)#no ip directed-broadcast
router(config-if)#end
router#wri
Building configuration...
[OK]

If your having trouble determining your inside interface I would highly
suggest reading up on ip routing.

	cheers,
		gus huber <gus at pbx.org>