[lug] ntp servers out of action?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Aug 17 07:38:41 MDT 2001

I can't seem to find any ntp servers out there.  Every server I try gets me
the following:

mmel(tty0)$ ntpdate ntp2.usno.navy.mil tock.usno.navy.mil tick.usno.navy.mil
16 Aug 17:33:45 ntpdate[2233]: no server suitable for synchronization found

This happens with any of the US servers I try from
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1.htm (I haven't tried any non-US
servers yet).

It's not a big deal, but I'm wondering if my system has been corrupted
somehow or if the time servers are all down for some reason.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  Can I trade this job for what's behind door #2?