[lug] Cisco 678 router/modem

Keith Brown kbrown8 at uswest.net
Sat Aug 18 10:00:37 MDT 2001

Hi,

I have a Cisco 678 DSL modem connecting to QWest.  Everything works fine
under WinDos; however I cannot make a connection under RedHat 6.2.

ifconfig eth0 shows

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:E8:88:3F:0D
          BROADCAST RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          Base address:0x1400

and

ifconfig eth0 up
errors with

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

The ethernet card is a HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet.

I suspect the problem is that eth0 is not up and cannot be brought up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Keith
--