[lug] Cisco 678 router/modem

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Sat Aug 18 10:23:30 MDT 2001

First thing to check is if the appropriate kernel support is there.

cat /proc/interrupts

should have a line with eth0 in it

I guess if ifconfig reports it then it should be loaded.

The next thing to look at is the device set up in

Is it supposed to be doing DHCP from the Cisco?  Your config file should
reflect that.

also look in /var/log/messages to see if there are any comments from the
kernel about eth0.

FWIW,

Hugh

"Keith Brown"