[lug] Constant Spamming

dan radom dradom at redback.com
Tue Aug 21 08:12:09 MDT 2001

here's what i've done.  using sendmail's virtusertable i've aliased devnull at domain.com to my user account.  when i need to give some web site my email address i use that, which is procmail'd to /dev/null...

	:0:
	* ^TO_devnull at radom.org
	/dev/null

i also use sendmail's access feature to block the messages from persistant idiots...

	x10.com                         "550 Sorry.  UCE (SPAM) is not accepted here."

rebuilding the access.db is as easy as...

cd /to/where/access/is; makemap hash access < access

this combo gets most of it, and the rest i just delete.

i hope some of this helps,

dan