[lug] get yer red hot Roswell 2nd Edition!

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Tue Aug 21 20:07:16 MDT 2001

For those who are interested in the latest release of Red Hat's "Roswell" (7.2 beta), I'm getting 450 KBps from mirror.pa.msu.edu.

Ya know, I could really get used to journalling filesystems (yes, I know SuSE has had Reiserfs for some time).  Roswell comes with option to make ext3 partitions, so I did just that with the root partition on my first test install.  After booting up, and logging in via gdm, I hit the reset button.  On reboot the filesystem check took, oh, about 1 second.

Now I just hope that the second edition of Roswell will work on our Epox KM133 (embedded shared-memory Savage video chipset).  The first edition consistently locked up as soon as the X server was started.

Now it's time to investigate some of the 3 gigs of stuff Roswell installed on Mom's computer.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)