[lug] High-Availability file server in Sept SysAdmin magazine

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Wed Aug 22 13:42:45 MDT 2001

Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 06:04:53PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There's a nice article on creating a High-Availability File Server with
> > heartbeat in this month's SysAdmin magazine.  Unfortunately, the article
> > itself is not online :-(.
>
> Alan's too modest.

Well.... not so modest I wouldn't post the note ;-)

> This article is about his HA-Linux project.
> Congrats on the coverage, Alan!

The article's actually pretty a pretty good step by step description for
setting up an High-Availability Samba and NFS file server.

My main disappointment was that it basically identified me as "the" author.
That's far from true.  There are so many things that other people have
contributed -- from simple networking code to authentication, to plugin

All of these are areas where I had little or no expertise, but others were
willing to contribute their expertise.  So, I got to learn from others'
expertise.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at unix.sh