[lug] rdist so-called versioning problem

Erick Bodine erick at xpedite.com
Tue Aug 21 11:53:41 MDT 2001

I am using rdist ( I know the security implications of using rdist, just bear with me on this) between two boxes and I am getting the complaint about mismatch of rdist version numbers that is mentioned in the man page. The man page mentions that it may
stem from a problem with starting the shell, ie. you are in too many groups.  The user running rdist is only in one group, so this is not the problem.  Both boxes are using csh (oh, feel the pain).  Does anyone have any experience with getting around this?

Erick Bodine