[lug] RH7.1 and remote display of X apps

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Aug 22 16:41:04 MDT 2001

It does sound like an auth issue. This may not be the best solution, but
try adding to
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xhost.xinitrc
(you might need to create it)

/usr/X11R6/bin/xhost +whatever.url.access.is.from

If you need to create it, make it an executable permission, and make the
first line:
#!/bin/bash

My assumption is you are using something like gdm or kdm or xdm. A more
secure means is probably available.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com