[lug] Rhythms is closing

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Thu Aug 23 06:29:01 MDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:48:06PM -0600, Eric Kilfoil wrote:

> I hate to do this since I work for the company, but ViaWest offers
> services in Lafayette.  Since I work for the company, I'm biased and
> therefore really can't comment on the service. :)  I do have DSL through
> the company, and all of the problems that i've had have been Qwest
> related.  Then again, I do have an inside track on getting our support
> staff to escalate issues with qwest :).  Any viawest dsl users on this
> list that care to comment?

My employer (Linko Data Systems) has had Viawest DSL for over 3 months now, and our problems, too, have all been Qwest-related.  Yes, I'd have to say Viawest tech support is pretty decent (they _do_ know when to escalate the issue with Qwest).

I _do_ feel obligated to throw in my standard plug for _my_ ISP (Fairplay Communications - www.fpcc.net) - they also offer DSL in the same way (Qwest does the hardware side), and their tech support is pretty good (hi, Kirk!).

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)