[lug] StarOffice & xwin32

Todd Ruskell truskell at Mines.EDU
Thu Aug 23 14:57:00 MDT 2001

I have StarOffice installed on my Linux box.  I need to display a
StarOffice presentation on a Windows box.  The "easy" way to do this is
to install StarOffice on the windows box, but it's not clear if I can
actually make that happen, since the windows box is not under my
control.

The other way I have to do this is to use xwin-32. I tried this, and
initially had problems with the display of both some "regular" text
fonts, as well as display of equations.  I added my machine as an
x-font-server, and this fixed all the display problems I was having with
the text fonts.  However, the display of equations is still *very*
bad.   It appears the windows box is trying to do a font mapping with a
close substitute, but it is obviously not working.

This begs a couple questions.  First, why is StarOffice not getting the
equation fonts from my x-font-server?  Second, how could I fix it
without having to install fonts, or StarOffice, on the Windows box?  Any
font gurus out there with some suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

--
Todd Ruskell, Ph.D.