[lug] software raid

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Aug 23 22:31:19 MDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:34:47AM -0600, Harris, James wrote:
>For example, if you want to boot your system off of a mirror, then you'll
>need to compile the raid1 personality directly into the kernel (this may

The stock redhat kernels build the software RAID as modules, similarly to
how they build SCSI drivers.  The "mkinitrd" script will then build the
an initial ramdisc with those modules built in.  Works delightfully.

Sean
--
 "Engineering Tablets?  Does that mean if I swallow one, I'll be an engineer?"
                 -- Evelyn Mitchell