[lug] get yer red hot Roswell 2nd Edition!

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 24 07:54:16 MDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:49:19AM -0600, ljp wrote:
>I've been using SuSE 7 with reiserfs for some months on one of my linux
>boxes. I won't install any dist that DOESN'T have reiserfs are an install

The short fsck times in reiser are definitely delightful.  The other
benefit is that it promotes having good backups...  We've been running
Reiser on all our laptops for about a year now, and every one of them has
experienced at least one instance of file-system corruption.

The most recent was a hardware problem on Evelyn's machine that ended up
locking up her machine maybe 10 times over 3 days.  The eventual result was
a completely unreadable file-system.  Kevin's mail directory at one point
just seemed to completely lose it's mind...  I've had a couple of incidents
with it, one hardware and one not...

I actually just converted my laptop back to ext2, hoping to later convert
to ext3.  My attempts at going to ext3 haven't been entirely successful
yet.  It has the journal, and says it mounts them as ext3, but a hard power
reset causes a full fsck.

Sean
--
 668:     Next door neighbor of the beast.
 vivivi:  The editor of the beast.