[lug] wu-ftpd settings problem - xinetd settings ?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Aug 24 13:21:10 MDT 2001

Chuck Morrison wrote:

> I tried it, but it didn't appear to change anything. I've been trying to find
> out what the -a does. Don't know if it might be auth or not.

That means it looks at /etc/ftpaccess file. It could, since ftpaccess
can be configured to allow or deny some ftp connections (such as
anonymous). There *might* be an auth style entry in that file, but the
way I know of to tell wu-ftpd to require auth is through the -I option.
You could look closely at "man ftpaccess", but I have not dissected it
in detail...there is a note on RFC931 configuration and other timeouts,
you might look closely at those particular items and see if the lines in
your ftpaccess apply. I'm not sure if it matters, but be sure to run
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart" after making changes (it won't hurt
even if it doesn't matter).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com