[lug] Socket Error

David dajo at frii.com
Fri Aug 24 13:55:09 MDT 2001

> Error: "Connection refused" (errno 111) occured while
>        creating a socket and connecting to remote socket.

Ok fellows, I was dead wrong!  I apologise for creating a red herring.
This is not the way to create a stream to access a file (open does
that - aaggghh!).  The file used in socket communication is just an
implementation mechanism.  However, I observe that the helpfulness of
error messages still hovers around that of those used in 1955.

Thanks to all for the help; I did learn a couple of things.

dajo