[lug] looking for TeX viewer/print

David dajo at frii.com
Fri Aug 24 14:16:34 MDT 2001

> Yes ... the way I usually work is with the source editor in one terminal
> window; another window where I can type the compile commands, watch the
> compiler messages, and do spell checking; and with xdvi running in a third
> window if I want a graphical display.  This is basically the same is what
> you are asking for.

... and is the way I work.  Except that I run three copies of xdvi
looking at three different places in the document, and have about 25
source files loaded into the editor; only one compile window though 8-)

> This may not be possible since a change like this can cause spacing
> changes that may need to be propagated through the document.

Solving this kind of problem is what gives software engineers job
security.  That sounds pretty stupid just now doesn't it?  However, I
do not see that as a particularly hard problem to solve.  I would look
at it myself except that I have these windows to look at ...

dajo