[lug] Rhythms is closing

Prescott Oelke plkey at home.com
Fri Aug 24 19:28:10 MDT 2001

AT&T doesn't want them from what some people are saying. But @home is
stumbling. In any event I would think it highly unlikely that AT&T would
just let them pull the plug on it's broadband customers. There is talk
of @home selling pieces of it's network to other providers (Roadrunner
and MediaOne are the only two I know of in the cable business).

At any rate nothing is for certain yet. Excite at Home just did a reverse
stock split to stay listed on the Nasdaq, so they're still hanging in
there. I just can't see how, with so many users, they could still be
hurting like this. I mean, my rates just got raised a few months back.

Prescott Oelke