[lug] TAR Archiving

Kristopher Applegate krisapplegate at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 08:55:11 MDT 2001

If I feed the output into split, does it archive
first, creating a very large 15+GB file, then split
it? The reason I don't want to do that is because I
don't have the spare 15+GB anywhere to use. The device
I am backing up to literally craps out when it hits
2GB. However, if it splits it on the fly, that would
be great. Thanks...