[lug] i810 audio again

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Mon Aug 27 15:50:25 MDT 2001

What version of the kernel are you running?  It turned out that the
problem that I encountered was in the code which syncs the playback
rate of the i810 chip to the rate of the AC97 codec.  One of my
experiments while trying to stop the pop was to disable the rate
sycning and sure enough, Muddy Waters sounded like the Chipmunks.
Now that the pop is gone, it's actually working pretty well.

The only Loki game that I've got here is Maelstrom.  Ok, it dies
and whines about a buggy audio driver.  Not sure why, I use
SDL_audio libs without any problem.

Scott