[lug] i810 audio again

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Tue Aug 28 08:17:14 MDT 2001

I was hacking in the code and the rate sync by hand.  There is not
a way to do it externally; at least the block I was looking at does
not have anything in it that checks to see if it should run.

I've got your previous message and will look at some of the problems
that you mentioned.  The reason that I'm interested in this chip is
that a lot of the new, small boxes from at least HP and Compaq are
coming out with i810.  Since they have only 3 or less PCI slots, I'd
rather not take one for a decent audio card.   I'm already filling
two with a tuner and mpeg decode.  BTW, did you see that Nvidia
announced that they're releasing a PVR card ( mpeg encode )?