[lug] more news from @home

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Tue Aug 28 08:30:27 MDT 2001

AT&T AND EXCITE at HOME <mailto:EXCITE at HOME> - [Newark Star-Ledger, BUS1,
8/26.] Excite at Home <mailto:Excite at Home> has
been hurt by the same sharp decline in online advertising that has battered
other Internet companies, plus it has run into problems since the 1999
merger of Excite.com, an Internet portal, and At Home, a high- speed
Internet provider. Instead of creating savings, the combination proved
cumbersome and expensive. For its part, AT&T Broadband says customers need
not worry about having their service interrupted. "We're giving our
customers uninterrupted service," said a spokeswoman [for AT&T
Broadband]. "We will work with Excite at Home <mailto:Excite at Home> to look at
all the available
options and what are the best interests of our shareholders," she said.

--
David Holshouser
Software Engineer
(303)939-5085  dholshou at ball.com