[lug] Boulder Linux Users Group - August 9, 2001 Meeting Summary

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Tue Aug 28 11:11:04 MDT 2001

I couldn't remember for certain if I'd typed this up yet or
not.  Couldn't find any record of doing so, so figured I'd crank this
out.  Since I'm pretty late in typing this the details are getting kind
of fuzzy in my brain (usually things are kind of fuzzy there anyway).

              Boulder Linux User's Group Meeting Summary

Attendance:  50

Synopsis:  The meeting followed our usual format - announcements, 10
minute demo, featured speaker, general Q&A, drawing, and the after meeting
social time.  This months demo was "The KDE window manager" by Ferdinand
Schmid <fschmid at archenergy.com>.  He showed the basic manager, discussed
the features he felt were useful, and showed off serveral of the
applications that have been developed for it:  Konqueror, Koffice, etc..

The featured presentation was given by Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com>
of Tummy.com.  He gave us an introduction to the Python programming
language.  His presentation slides and examples can be found on-line at
<http://www.tummy.com/Presentations/presentations/pythonintro/>.

Next Meeting:  September 13, 2001, 7:00 p.m., NIST Auditorium
               Pippy - Python on the Palm Pilot
               Jeffery Collins (jcollins at boulder.net)