[lug] problems with ssh key authorization after

charles at lunarmedia.net charles at lunarmedia.net
Tue Aug 28 22:37:04 MDT 2001

the -1 did the trick, however, I am confused as to why its happening. both
machines are using the same openssh rpm,

  openssh-2.5.2p2-5

although the -1 fixes the issue when trying to ssh between the two machine
and use authorized_keys for authentication, it doesnt help me when i use
ssh as my transport for rsync transfers. i normally run a few flags with
rsync, however the one in question is

  rsync -e ssh

this uses ssh as my transport, but i dont have anyway to specify that it
use v1. since both openssh versions are the same on each box, i cant even
upgrade one to sync them up.

suggestions?

thanks in advance! -charles