[lug] transparent images

Kenneth D. Weinert kenweinert at home.com
Wed Aug 29 10:01:19 MDT 2001

At 09:37 AM 8/29/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello Ken,
>
>   I am in the same position with gimp.  At school I used a utility,
>giftrans,
>to switch one component of a gif to transparent.  I know GIF is anethma
>in
>linux world but you might find it useful.
>
>Check http://www-genome.wi.mit.edu/WWW/tools/graphics/giftrans/
>
>I have no idea whether it is possible to convert the transparent gif
>to something else.

         Thanks - now it turns out the pngtopnm doesn't like my png image -
it seg faults. When I get in to work tomorrow I'll see if xv is OK with it.
*sigh*

Appreciate the tutorial from Hugh also.

Hmmm, maybe I'll just take the time today since I'm home sick to try to get
my linux boot working on the net. Now where did I put tulip.c . . .