[lug] RedHat Licensing

Ken Kinder kkinder at tridog.com
Thu Aug 30 16:06:30 MDT 2001

Well, first I'd like to ask you not to send HTML mail to a public
mailing list.

Red Hat ships some proprietary software _with_ their Linux distribution,
but I think each one comes with a "free distribution" CD that's basicly
the freely distributable part of Red Hat. You can also order a $1 CD
from cheapbytes.com that has the freely distributable version of Red
Hat. There's no real difference between the proprietary and free
versions, just some bundled software.

--
Ken Kinder - Engineer
Par Avance, Inc. / Tridog Interactive, Inc.