[lug] RedHat Licensing

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Thu Aug 30 16:20:33 MDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 04:12:14PM -0600, Harris, James wrote:
> Thanks for pointing out the HTML.  I am having to test Office XP and I guess
> I just found a default setting that changed in the new version of Outlook.

You poor guy - we have Office 97 and 2K here (my employer sells Access-based software packages), and we're putting off buying XP until a customer actually NEEDS that version of our software.

>  Do you know if the .iso that can be obtained from
> RedHat is this "freely distributable" version?

I'm sure of it - why would they make proprietary stuff freely downloadable?

My two cents worth (no refund available if contradicted by the Red Hat folks here) is that you can sell the hardware with Red Hat installed - but you'd need to make it very clear to the customers that YOU are the support person for the product, not Red Hat.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)