[lug] Red Hat v7.2 release date?

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 30 17:00:50 MDT 2001

I know it is a tired question that no one ever seems to know the answer
to, but just in case I'm asking.  I've just put together a new system,
and I would prefer to do a fresh install of 7.2 rather than upgrade from
7.1.  But I don't want to wait several months either.  I don't know the
exact release dates of previous Red Hat versions, but guessing from the
first errata files of each release it goes like this:

7.1 => 4-16-2001
7.0 => 9-26-2000
6.2 => 3-30-2000
6.1 => 10-20-1999
6.0 => 7-29-1999
5.2 => 11-6-1998

That works out to _about_  six months between releases.  It has been 4.5
months since 7.1 was released.  Does this mean I wait for 1.5 months?

Cheers,
Gary