[lug] KDE 2.2

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 31 16:23:23 MDT 2001

I got the fix by reading the NVidia INSTALL document more carefully:

Section "Device"
  Option "IgnoreEDID" "on"

It tells the driver to ignore the claims your monitor makes about its capability.  Apparently this can be dangerous, but I was sure the monitor could handle it, since I had it working with the "nv" driver.  What's odd is that the "nv" driver seemed happy with the EDID results for 1280x1024.  Oh well.