[lug] off topic, rant

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Aug 31 16:52:10 MDT 2001

I was just informed that my nice, pollution free (it easily passed
emissions tests) car, has to be salvaged or require over $600 repair,
before it will be given its pollution sticker. The problem? The idiot
light for "service engine soon" does not activate when the key is on but
the engine is not running. It needs a light bulb to work. The relay died
that turns it on. It's under the cowling, the relay (actually, 2) costs
about $250, and the rest is labor. I can do the labor I guess. But I
cannot believe this stupid county would choose to force me to abandon a
car at a time like this because a stinking light bulb doesn't work on
the dashboard. I think the rules were written by the shops that do the
servicing. I can't answer the joke "how stupid are our laws?", since it
requires the use of calculus and limits. A good time for LaTeX.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com