[lug] DBA Q

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Aug 31 23:38:23 MDT 2001

I see a lot of job openings for certified DBA's, especially the Oracle
DBA's. I'm curious if anyone here happens to know if being "certified"
is actually enough to get in the door for a job? I suspect DBA's, unlike
a lot of other certifications, actually carry some weight. I'm also
curious if it is possible to take DBA exams without paying for someone's
expensive course? Or if it is one of those long lines of hidden fees?
Oracle is something I can actually install on Linux. A similar question
might be for DB2.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com