[lug] Mutt versus Pine

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Sep 2 11:19:49 MDT 2001

* Dhruva B. Reddy (sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com) wrote:
> Getting off-topic, but I would add that now that I don't use a GUI-based mail
> client, I can log onto my box remotely, via SSH.  A lot faster and more secure
> than using Yahoo!'s web interface.  Of course, this requires that the remote
> machine have an SSH client.

If you can set up a web server on the machine you would like to get
into, you can even eliminate the need for a SSH client on the remote
machine.  You can use the Mindterm SSH Java applet, which only requires
a Java enabled web browser.  It even lets me use the HTTP proxy at work
to get to my machine.  I like it very much!

Now, back to the topic.  I don't really have a technical grip with Pine,
my gripe with Pine is it has a REALLY lame lisence.  It really is not
Free Software, but tries to pretend to be.  Just doesn't sit right with
me.

Tim