[lug] stupid MSDN Q

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Sep 2 14:59:32 MDT 2001

I'm trying to read an MSDN CD while working on porting some software. My
2nd machine has the first partition open so I can install Win 98 on
that, but it is telling me I have to delete all the non-win partitions
(or so it seems to be saying...it won't actually tell me *which*
partition it has to delete) before it'll even attempt to install win.
This makes me fear partition delete, since it won't tell which
partition. This in turn means I can't install 98 on that machine, and
therefore, I have no chance of making my MSDN CD available while I'm
working (I'd have to reboot to win to read a page, then reboot back to
linux to code, reboot back to win to see MSDN, reboot again, so on, so
forth, yuck, argh, moan, groan). I want to know if anyone has heard of a
way to read MSDN (MS's equivalent to man pages) while in Linux? Has
anyone heard of such a project, or would I simply have to reverse
engineer this myself if I want to read MSDN pages from Linux? (I don't
have vmware, can't afford it, don't want it, it has problems running on
i840 SMP chipset motherboards)

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com