[lug] Mutt versus Pine

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Mon Sep 3 08:57:22 MDT 2001

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Rob Riggs said:

> I became a mutt user because of it's similarity to elm, my past CLI MUA
> of choice. I avoided pine because I absolutely *hated* to use it's
> default editor, pico. I don't think either is really better than the other.

FYI, the last several versions of Pine have an option to switch to an
alternate editor of choice, either on the fly while in the pico editor, or
as implicitly as an alternate to pico; so one is not forced to use pico if
that person prefers some other editor.  One thing I do like about pico is
the ease with which it reformats paragraphs.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net