[lug] Dual monitors on Linux??

David dajo at frii.com
Tue Sep 4 14:18:43 MDT 2001

> Does anybody know if you can run 2 monitors on a linux workstation? Has
> anybody done this?? I would love to have details.

Do you mean two monitors showing the same stuff, or two monitors that
together make one "monitor" twice as large?

At one jobsite I had a multi-monitor video card that supported up to
four monitors as I remember (the people using them had two).  This
gave us a double-size monitor.  The OS was NT.  I can find out the
card, etc. if you would like.  Scott has already pointed to Matrox,
which may or may not be what I had.

Two monitors showing the same stuff is just a matter of splitting the
cable isn't it?

dajo