[lug] Att at home

Jeremy jeremy at pedalwrench.com
Wed Sep 5 08:49:39 MDT 2001

hello all,

I just got Att at home installed and would like to use my
Redhat 7.1 Firewall box  to Masq for me.  I had the same setup for
my previous endeavor into broadband, Sprint Broadband Direct.  All I had to
do then was set my eth0 to DHCP and Nat the rest of the network behind eth1.

It seems as though Att is doing something weird.  I had my win98 box hooked
to it last night and As long as I had the copmuter named the way they (att)
wanted it, DHCP would work.  Now when I try the RH box netcfg just sits
waiting for IP's.  I did name the computer the way they wanted it.

Now for the question...Has anyone got att at home running using RH 7.1?

Thanks for the help.

Jeremy Schroeder