[lug] Find Command

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Sep 5 13:51:51 MDT 2001

SoloCDM wrote:

> How is it possible to force the find command to list all files with
> "read" in the filename, regardless whether they start with a period
> or not?
>
> I already tried the following:
>
>    find /usr -iname ".*read*" -iname "*read*" -type f -print
>
> --
> Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
>       list/newsgroup address and my email address in To:.

I have some find aliases for csh/tcsh that you may find useful. If you
don't use csh/tcsh, just substitute "\!*" with the actual filename
pattern. Do remember that you can use regular expressions with find by
slight changes of the alias. I actually have several others I use, which
search for invalid uid or gid, as well as suid and sgid versions (useful
for security checks).
http://www.battlefieldlinux.com/tcsh-aliases.html

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com